Friday, February 15, 2008

Bacon-Wrapped Water Chestnuts

This is my favorite appetizer lately. I love the flavor, the texture, and how easy it is to make so many at once! I usually half the recipe for my family, but if I were taking them to a party I might double it!



1 stick butter
3/4 c. brown sugar
6 tbsp. ketchup
1 tsp. dried mustard
3 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
4 cans whole water chestnuts
Bacon

Cut bacon into pieces big enough to wrap around water chestnut. I use a toothpick to hold everything in place. Cook seam down in cake pan or something deep enough to hold excess grease at 350 degrees until browned. Drain on paper towels.

Meanwhile melt butter in saucepan and add remaining ingredients. Stir until mixture is simmering. Pour over baked chestnuts and stir gently to combine.

No comments: