Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Zucchini Brownies


Zucchini Brownies...mmmm...these are the the best brownies ever! They are so moist and the frosting is fudgie and so chocolaty. Thanks to my friend Stacy for sharing it with me. I have to freeze any left over zucchini in 2 c increments in the freezer so I can have them year round. I'll post the recipe here and on my recipe blog so everyone can share in the yummy goodness. Enjoy!

Zucchini Brownies
2 c flour
1/3 c baking cocoa
1 1/2 t baking soda
1 t salt
2 c shredded zucchini
1 1/2 c sugar
3/4 c oil (I have used 1/2 c and it works too, I'm going to keep cutting it until it doesn't!)
1/2 c walnuts (optional)
2 t vanilla.
1-Mix: flour, cocoa, salt, soda in a mixing bowl.
2-In a separate bowl Combine zucchini sugar and oil. Stir in vanilla. Add dry ingredients and mix until combined.
3-Pour into a greased 9x13 pan and bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes. Cool for 30 minutes before frosting.


Frosting:
1/4 c butter
1 c white sugar
1/4 c milk
1/2 c semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 c mini marshmallows
1 t vanilla
In a saucepan bring butter, sugar and milk to a boil. Boil on medium and stir for 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips and marshmallows until melted. Spread on top of brownies while warm.

2 comments:

Marie said...

These are so yummy! I found your blog through Kellie and Julie's and these brownies looked so good to me. I'll be making them again very soon!!

Stacy Hair said...

I’m so lucky to have such a good cook as a friend!❤️